Starting internship can be overwhelming. There are a lot of skills that one has to learn in a short period of time. During summer, chief residents run sessions where fresh interns learn and practice survival skills for the wards. These happen on Wednesday mornings until Labor Day.
These sessions are video recorded and kept on a flash drive in Library, Call room and Chief's office so interns can borrow these to review any of the topics.
The following topics were covered this year:
- Writing good notes
- Giving good presentation
- EKG interpretation basics
- ABG interpretation basics
- Fluids and electrolytes basics
- Chest Xray interpretation basics
- Insulin and Glucose goals in hospitalized patients
- Discussing code status with patients
- Interpreter services
- Breakfast with CEO