Our program provides confidential emotional support to the Haitian community from people who understand the Haitian language and culture.
We help people understand their needs, and achieve their goals in a safe and sensitive environment. Our services are provided in Haitian Kreyol and English by bicultural professionals from the fields of psychiatry, psychology, social work and nursing.
Since 1985 we have worked with many Haitians and Haitian-Americans in the following ways:
- We have talked with adults, children and teenagers about their feelings and life situations.
- We have helped families and couples work through their problems.
- We have evaluated children and adults to determine their need for services.
Our programs deal with common, everyday issues including:
- child behavior/learning problems adapting to life in the U.S.
- loss of a loved one
- anxiety and panic attacks
- marriage and relations issues
- family violence
- dealing with mental illness
Please note: Due to a high demand for our services,
CHA is prioritizing appointments for patients who are either enrolled
in Primary Care at CHA or are residents of our service area (Cambridge,
Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Revere, Somerville, and Winthrop, MA). If you
or your child do not meet these criteria, our staff may be able to
assist you in finding a referral service.