A Major Employer.
Cambridge Health Alliance is a major employer with more than 3,500 staff members working in clinics and offices in Cambridge, Everett, Malden, Revere and Somerville, Massachusetts. CHA provides jobs ranging from highly trained doctors, nurses and therapists to maintenance, food and environmental services workers. The majority of staff work and shop in local communities every day, contributing to the local economy. In addition, the goods and services CHA purchases from other local businesses create significant economic value.
- A Unionized Workforce. CHA has a strong unionized workforce with more than 65% of staff represented by 14 bargaining units.
- Where our Employees Live. As of 2016, more than 42% of CHA staff live within the CHA service area of Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Medford, Revere, Somerville and Winthrop, magnifying the economic impact and benefit CHA has on local communities.
- Leaders in Wellness. CHA staff are active members of the local community, believing that wellness is key to health and leading by example. Highlights include:
- Many CHA employees bike to work nearly every day.
- Staff volunteer in annual community events like the Head of the Charles Regatta, the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, American Heart Association Boston Heart Walk and the Boston Pride Parade.
Physician and Physician Assistants