Your Hospital Care
Overnight hospital care is available to meet your serious health needs at the CHA Cambridge and Everett Hospital.
- Medical/Surgical Care and Intensive Care (ICU) services can help you recover from acute illness or after surgery.
- Psychiatric care helps stabilize and treat people with acute mental health needs. We have separate psychiatry units for all ages: young children, teenagers, adults, and seniors.
- Growing families can choose the Maternity Suite and Newborn Nursery at the Cambridge Hospital campus.
Your Hospital Team
When you are admitted to CHA for hospital care you will have a team of doctors, nurses and other staff working to care for you.
On the Medical/Surgical floors, your care team will be led by a hospitalist, a doctor who is an expert in Internal Medicine. Because these doctors are in the hospital 24-hours a day, they can respond quickly to an emergency or a change in your health needs. Your care team will also work with your family, caregivers, and primary care doctor to help transition your care once you leave the hospital.
Most of your health needs can be addressed by CHA experts at one of our convenient sites. But if you need highly specialized care, your team can admit you to one of our hospital partners in Boston:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). As a CHA patient, you have direct access to the services at BIDMC, one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers. Because we share a medical record system with BIDMC, you will always get coordinated care and the very best treatment.
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) for Children. Young patients benefit from our longstanding relationship with MGH for Children. This includes direct admission for overnight care for serious health needs.