Adult Outpatient Services
We provide evaluation, counseling, and therapy for all ages. Every day, our expert staff helps hundreds of people with concerns ranging from mild anxiety and depression to learning disabilities, relationship problems, addictions, and chronic or acute mental illness.
We provide the following services:
- Addiction Services - Outpatient care for adults dealing with all forms of substance abuse.
- General Psychiatry Service - Evaluates adult patients and provides treatment plans for common mental health needs.
- Behavioral Medicine - Provides targeted treatment for adults with a variety of disorders including anxiety, panic, chronic pain, weight, smoking, eating disorders, and headaches.
- Consultation-Liaison Services - Works with doctors and their patients to help manage mental health needs while the patient is undergoing medical care. Services are available at our primary care centers and mental health treatment sites.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Clinic - Expert care for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy - Individual and group therapy for individuals with borderline personality disorder.
- Family and Couples Clinic - Helps couples and families of all ages with a wide range of relationship problems.
- Geriatric Mental Health Services - A full range of mental health care designed for older adults including home visiting services and memory testing.
- Neuropsychiatry & Memory Center - Expert evaluations for older adults who are concerned about memory loss in themselves or their loved ones.
- HIV / Mental Health - Counseling for people with with HIV/AIDS. Visit our Zinberg HIV clinic for more.
- Linguistic and Cultural Programs - Bilingual and bicultural clinicians that help native speakers from across the globe. These services see both adults and children.
- Program for Psychotherapy - Long-term insight-oriented psychotherapy for adults that helps patients build a greater understanding of the problems in their life.
Psychological Testing - Standard and neuropsychological testing to better understand the patient's mental health needs.
Psychopharmacology Clinic - Evaluates a patient's psychiatric medications to ensure that they are providing the best treatment.
- Transition Program- Provides intensive outpatient care to people in need. This includes people who are transitioning from inpatient to outpatient care and people who are between mental health providers. Services include short-term case management, medication management and group therapy.
- Victims of Violence Program- These specialized programs are for people who have suffered acute or chronic trauma, either directly or through a loved one.
Due to a high demand for our services, CHA is prioritizing appointments for patients who are either enrolled in Primary Care at CHA or are residents of our service area (Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Revere, Somerville, and Winthrop, MA). If you or your child do not meet these criteria, our staff may be able to assist you in finding a referral service.