Making Changes to Give our Patients the Very Best Care
CHA is transforming its system to align with the . This work is important and meaningful, and will allow us to serve our patients today and in the future.
At the heart of this work is:
- The integration of our clinical services, academic programs, and public and community health functions to meet the needs of our patients and communities.
- Creating new competencies to adapt to industry changes.
Recent Accomplishments and Goals
- Spreading the Patient Centered Medical Home to all primary
care sites. By January 2014, seven CHA medical practices had been
named Level 3 Medical Homes by the NCQA, the highest national
- A fully deployed Electronic Health Record. CHA clinicians are now using the electronic health record at all points of care.
- An innovative care management program. These services support patients struggling with multiple chronic health conditions and who require significant care coordination to achieve better health. In the first two years of the program, CHA enrolled more than 650 patients and early data show improved access to primary and specialty care and decreased inpatient and emergency department visits. Beginning in the fall of 2014, every CHA primary care practice will be staffed with care managers to assist eligible patients.
- Building Accountable Care infrastructure to adapt to new financial models that use global payments. CHA has piloted a global payment initiative with Network Health for Medicaid managed care and Qualified Health Plan shared members and is part of the Pioneer ACO for Medicare members.
- Leveraging the system’s strong community linkages to maintain access
to care, motivate healthy behaviors, and lead efforts to address complex
community health issues.