Serving older adults in 7 local communities
Remember when doctors and nurses used to come to your home to provide care? Through this special program for patients who are homebound, they still do.
About House Calls
The CHA House Calls program is a caring team of doctors and nurse practitioners who provide primary care to older adults who are homebound or have limited access to the doctor’s office.
Patients in the program get physicals and sick visits in the most comfortable and convenient setting – their home. Our team calls this “expert care in an old-fashioned manner.”
Who is Eligible?
- Homebound patients
- Live in Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Medford, Revere, or Somerville, MA.
- Typically, 65 and older (may make exceptions based on medical needs)
- Patients who need community based services to support staying in their home.
- Will commit to using CHA for their medical care
- There is no need to arrange transportation – we come to you
- Close coordination with CHA Geriatric Psychiatry, local Elder Services, and Visiting Nurse Associations
- Visits are covered as a doctor’s visit through Medicare B or through MassHealth and other insurances
- Interpreters are available at no extra charge during visits
How to Apply
Call 617-665-3100 if you know someone who might need the House Calls program. Our social worker will explain the process and check eligibility.