As a Cambridge Breast Center patient, you will find support throughout your treatment and beyond. Because the impact of a cancer diagnosis reaches beyond the medical office, you will be connected to a wide variety of resources to help meet your needs throughout treatment.
The first step is meeting with our social worker to find out what kinds of support you may need. Some common things we recommend are:
- Cancer support groups here at our Cambridge Hospital campus
- Online educational resources you can connect to at home
- The Virginia Thurston Healing Garden where you can experience nature and participate in complementary therapies
- Other resources to nourish your mind, body and spirit and help promote healing
At Cambridge Health Alliance
- General Cancer Support Group. 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Melanie Foxx, LCSW, at 617-665-2054 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Look Good Feel Better - help to combat the side effects of cancer therapy on appearance (in collaboration with the American Cancer Society).
Support Groups and Complementary Programs
Online Education and Supports