The Geriatric Psychiatry Specialty Unit
Our newly-renovated 22-bed secure treatment center is located at the CHA Whidden Hospital Campus in Everett. This unit helps patients 55 and older with acute mental health problems.
- Psychiatric and medical evaluations
- Structured group treatment
- Neuropsychiatric assessment Medication assessment,treatment, and education
- Occupational therapy/activity programs
- Individual treatment planning
- Family involvement and education
- Coordinated aftercare planning
We have an expert and caring staff who have dedicated their careers to meeting the health needs of older adults. This includes four board certified geriatric psychiatrists, and a multidisciplinary team of nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, internal medicine doctors, and medical specialists.
We use a broad range of treatment to understand and treat our patients – including psychotherapy, medication, group-based treatment and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). This allows us to care for patients with the full spectrum of acute behavioral and cognitive health issues, primary psychiatric and substance disorders, and those with complex medical needs.
We are a teaching facility and a main rotation site for our nationally-accredited Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program. All of our psychiatrists are on the faculty of Harvard Medical School.