CHA residents are actively engaged in a rich variety of scholarly pursuits.
The Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) has long been regarded as the professional “home” for many of our academic general internist faculty. We are excited that beginning in the 2014-2015 academic year, the program will be able to sponsor all internal medicine interns in the program to attend the SGIM National Meeting during the spring of their first year of training. Residents across all training years are encouraged to submit their scholarly work for presentation to the meeting, and every effort is made to support junior and senior residents to attend the meeting if their work is accepted for presentation. Residents on ambulatory rotations at the time of the spring New England Regional Meeting of SGIM also have their schedules modified so that they may attend this event. Additionally, all residents who have work accepted for presentation at the National SGIM meeting are considered for the Himmelstein-Woolhandler Award for Research Excellence, which is granted yearly to the best presentation of scholarly work from a CHA trainee.
Click below for some samples of recent resident projects:
- Abstracts from the 2016 CHA Academic Poster Session
- Abstracts from the 2015 CHA Academic Poster Session
- Abstracts from the 2014 CHA Academic Poster Session
- Abstracts from the 2013 CHA Academic Poster Session
- Abstracts from the 2012 CHA Academic Poster Session
- Abstracts from the 2011 CHA Academic Poster Session