Every year, eight family medicine first year residents will be chosen for the family medicine residency program based on the applicant's commitment to the practice of medicine, their interests and life experiences, the strengths of their academic records, and their ability to work collaboratively. We actively recruit minority applicants. Candidates are asked to make a firm three-year commitment.
Applications will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Your application must include USMLE scores, Dean's Letter, Transcript, and 3 Letters of Recommendation, one of which is from a US hospital where you have completed your family medicine Clerkship/Subinternship. The application deadline is November 15.
Applicants for a PGY-1 position should submit:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Dean's letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably one (or more) from a primary care specialty
- Personal statement
- USMLE Scores Steps 1 and 2 or COMLEX Osteopathic Medicine Step 1 and 2
Required Additional Information: Please answer the following 3 questions (response limited to 50 words for each question), and include these questions at the bottom of your personal statement in ERAS:
- What job do you imagine for yourself 5 years post residency training?
- How will training specifically at TuftsFMR help prepare you for your goals stated in your response to question 1?
- What is a significant challenge facing the US presently and how will it affect your work as a family medicine doctor in the future.
Applicants for a PGY-1 position who will have graduated from medical school at least three years ago should also include:
- Curriculum vitae which describes activities since graduation
- A reference letter from your most recent supervisor
Applicants from non-LCME medical schools should additionally submit:
- A currently valid ECFMG certificate
- Confirmation of current citizenship or visa status